Phase 2: Database-to-RSS Notifications in
response to Custom SQL queries / Complex-logic
This phase of the project would create new RSS
entries for database changes as typified by these
examples provided by finance
- Allow certain of the custom queries to be
'parameterized' - such as choosing a threshold
value: 10%, 20%, or 30%.
- Abstract out the common functionality and
scope the shared needs of the 7 example
queries so that future queries can be more
- System for subscribing to database alerts
at the user level vs. a single RSS feed for
- Closely-related to 1., security/permissions
for whom can read RSS feeds and pages/events
linked to by the feeds.
- Closely-related to 1., allow subscription
to events by category and/or severity.
- Define the details about how a particular
database alert/event is displayed. Which
contents and how it's formatted.
- Define the behavior(s) that should occur
when a new row to monitored appears in a
table. (For example, how do you decide when a
particular item has increased 10% when this is
the first time it has existed.)
- Is the the email-to-RSS feed mechanism
sufficient or is a more robust and 'trackable'
-- ScottLangley - 07 May